Minister Fitness Coach T explains Think FIT and how it will help renew your mind and change your life.
What if you made this your daily "focus" statement? Do you think it would change what you see around you?
Well, it did for me. Let me explain.
I see it like this...
When I started losing my eyesight, I had to learn how to focus on objects with a greater intensity over time. My condition nakes it very difficult to make out details like faces and text. Even with the blessing of vision aids to help me, I still have to focus on what I'm looking at with greater intensity over time.
FIT = Focus Intensity Time
When I work out at the local YMCA, I think Focus and Intensity over Time, especially when I want to get in a good workout. Imagine me trying to bench press 225 pounds without Thinking FIT. No need to imagine, it would be disaterous!
To keep the weight from crushing me, I have to focus on all the details - my grip, hand position, my position on the bench, the lift, etc. - with great intensity over the entire time I am doing the bench press.
My eye condition and my workouts are not one-time events, I press through them daily. This brings me to another way I Think FIT.
FIT = Faithful Intentional Teachable
My eyesight loss is a life change. My workouts at the YMCA gym are a life change. Each day, I press through.
Faithful - Consistent, Stick with it, Don't Quit!
Intentional - Deliberate, On purpose, Move with purpose
Teachable - Humble, Eager to learn, Open
I "Think FIT" each day and I do at least one thing with this in mind. For example, writhing this post is a demonstrations of me Thinking FIT.
The result...Life Change
Minister Fitness is the result of "Think FIT" and the transformation I experienced through the renewing of my mind.
New International Version (NIV)
Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.
God is transforming me and in the process, He gave me a bew way to think - even about losing my eyesight. So, when I say "Think FIT", I'm pointing back to Him When you see the change in my life, I'm pointing back to Him.
If you want life change, it starts with Him - the Almighty God, who has revealed himself in the person of Jesus, The Christ.
1. Which points did you find most impactful? Why?
2. What did the Lord reveal to you through this message? (Did you gain a specific insight into your life or ministry? What challenged you? Were you convicted of sin?)
3. How were you encouraged through this message? How can you use what you've learned to encourage someone else—in your personal life, at work, or at church—and equip them as a disciple of Christ?
4. How, practically, can you implement what you heard from this message in your life and/or ministry today? What will you do differently this week because of what you've just heard?
5. If you're struggling with your physical health, take the initial step of going to the doctor for a check up. Find a member of your church who loves working out and partner up with them—go on a run, bike ride, or weight train together. Allow exercise to be a method of discipleship.
About Coach T
Visit TaurusJames.com to learn more about Minister Taurus James
Minister Fitness is part of the Kingdom Fitness Academy and Myel Ministries
Get FIT and Stay FIT!
To be fit is to be of a suitable quality, standard, or type to meet the required purpose. It is not enough to say that you are fit. It is not enough to appear to be fit.
Fitness requires Faithful action.
Fitness requires Intentional action.
Fitness requires that you remain Teachable.
Are you fit?
This is a question I continue to ask myself. I never really feel like I am fit to be a minister for Christ, but I continue to trust that He is making me what He wants me to be. Nevertheless, I use this question to examine myself periodically going to God and asking Him if I am fit for His purpose
Minister Fitness uses AddThis share buttons so you can easily share your favorite content from this site to your Facebook, Twitter, and more.
To share this content on social media, click on the share icons. You will be prompted to connect your social media account if you have not already.
Thank you for sharing!